Friday, June 11, 2010

First Tennis Lesson of the Season


Learning how to have control of the ball...

Listening and following direction

Time to turn in the "big" ball

Lets try a regular ball

Good balancing Emily


Alright...high hit!

POW...I dont think the instructor expected her to get that one! LOL


Today was Emily's first tennis lesson of the season at our neighborhood courts. Team Witsken comes over here every summer and gives lessons if there are atleast 4 kids in a class ( 8 lessons for $48.00). Actually, this year only 3 signed up but they still did it for us. Emily played lastyear but she had serious separation anxiety issues with me. I had to stand on the court practically participating in order to get her to do it and every time it was "tennis" day she didn't really want to go. I wasn't really sure what to expect this year when she said she wanted to play again because I have offered to put her in soccer, dance, gymnastics, etc this past year..and she hasn't been interested. She basically said she wanted to play tennis and take swim lessons. So...we are doing tennis till the end of July and start swimming lessons at the Monon Center in August.
She did an awesome job today. Did not even pay ANY attention to me sitting out there watching her. She went right in and showed the instructor what she knew! LOL I guess she did learn a few things lastyear after all! It's amazing what a year does. I was impressed!

No comments: