Friday, May 22, 2009

Carb Day @ The Track












Go Danica....we sat across from her pits during the pit shows


Matthew decided that since he gets to do alot with his Dad one on one and he would really like to do something memorable with his Mom and I together so he thought that we could go to Carb Day. I figured since we have custody and its his senior year and he is leaving for the Navy in October, it would be okay to cut school today and we could all go to the Track together as my decision. His Mom and I get along great and we have managed together to raise a great youngman the past 16 years as a team. It turned out that his half brother Daniel was actually out of school today and wanted to join us. It was a fun and tired experience. Tracy hadn't been to the track in about 20 years (with Mike when they were in highschool). That was pretty cool to be with someone that was kind of like experiencing it for the first time. We had taken Daniel a few times with us when he was younger and he has been with his Dad before.
I will note that if I ever go again...we wont leave at 10:00 a.m. Traffic was like raceday and we parked about 5 miles outside of the track because inside was already full. I definitely got my exercise for the day. Unfortunately, we had to miss the free concert (Three Doors Down) because we had to be in Zionsville at 4:00 to view and order Matthew's senior pics. I am glad we did this...hope he remembers it forever as a good time with his Mom, brother, and I!

1 comment:

The Maines Family Blog said...

What a great day to be at the track!