Sunday, July 26, 2009

Brickyard 400





















Mamaw and Papaw had the RV out at the track all weekend for Papaw Jeff to host The Indianapolis Chapter PDCA meeting/ luncheon. So I got the brainstorm for my niece Stephanie to go ahead and use my race ticket and sit in the seats with her Mom and I would stay back with Emily and take a nap at the RV with her while everyone watched the race. That way the girls got to go with us and have fun even if that meant that I didn't see the race. It was okay by me because I have seen the race for many of years before Emily came along and this was a perfect situation for the girls to go out there with us that wont be there next year. We arrived around 9 a.m. and had a huge breakfast of eggs, sausages, biscuits & gravy, fruit, etc. Then after everyone came back from the race we cooked a big dinner before heading home. It was perfect because the traffic was all died down by the time we all pulled out. It was a long day....but a fun family day!


No comments: